Ron Levy Aquatic Center to Open for Aquatic Fitness Activities Monday, May 18, 2020
Park Resident ID Cards may be Issued and Renewed
New Memberships can be Issued
Patrons must wear face covering during transactions and check in
and will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms
The Village and Founders Park staff are committed to safely and responsibly re-opening Founders Park recreation facilities and amenities for individuals and families (members of the same household) to promote the physical and mental well-being of our residents, in accordance with CDC/State Health Department Guidelines. Using a phased approach, park is gradually moving to full recreation and sports programming.
Founders Park is open toVillage residents with Park Resident ID Cards and non-residents with current Park and Pool Memberships. Membership will be verified by park staff at the entrance gate. New memberships for non-residents (must be Monroe County Residents) will only include the Aquatic Center.
Beginning Monday, May 18, 2020, the Park Office will be open for limited park business including issuance and renewals of Park Resident ID Card, Resident Memberships and Non-resident Individual Pool Memberships.
Park Office Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Extra safety precautions will be in place:
- patrons will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms (verbal questionnaire and touch-free temperature check) before being allowed to access the pool area.
- staff and patrons must wear face covering (patrons- during transaction/check in),
- one-way entrance and exit through the building,
- a maximum of 30 people in the pool facility at a time,
- only one individual or family group allowed in the office for admission,
- screen protector in place,
- staff will sanitize surfaces between each transaction, and
- extra cleaning of restrooms.
The Ron Levy Aquatic Center will be open for individual and group Aquatic Fitness Activities only including limited programming beginning Monday, May 18, 2020. The pool will close to the public at 4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays for use by local swim and dive teams. Pool patrons will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms (verbal questionnaire and touch-free temperature check) before being allowed to access the pool area.
Public Pool Hours:
Monday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Only lap swimming is allowed. Water exercise is allowed in shallow and deep water- including water jogging, aerobics, and modified lap swimming. Pool users must:
- Limit time swimming to 1-hour maximum
- Limit lap swimming to one (1) swimmer per lane (8 lanes) at a time,
- Bring your own swim equipment (pull buoys, goggles, water weights, etc.)
Restrooms open. Locker facilities and indoor showers remain closed. Outdoor showers are available under Dive Platform. No lounge chairs will be available on deck, sit up chairs only.
ALSO REMAINING CLOSED: Splash Pad, Water Slide, Diving Boards and Water Basketball all remain CLOSED to public.
Founders Park staff is looking forward to welcoming people back to the pool. We encourage you to enjoy the open park facilities while following all the guidelines in place for your health and safety.