VILLAGE-WIDE FREEBEE RIDESHARING PROGRAM
OPERATING WITH SPECIAL RULES AND CLEANING PRACTICES
SINGLE TRIPS, NO POOLED RIDES
Be sure to wear your mask if you want to ride Freebee
The Village-wide Freebee ridesharing program continues to provide service with special rules and cleaning practices in place for everyone's health and comfort. Freebee provides a transportation service free to the public with environmentally friendly electric vehicles that run from the north to the south end of the Village. The larger vehicles accommodate a group of up to nine people and can travel on the highway and cross bridges. The smaller vehicle continues to provide service in "downtown Islamorada".
Special practices during the reopening are:
- All Freebee drivers are required to wear face coverings and gloves while conducting service.
- All Freebee riders are required to wear face coverings. Riders in violation of this order will be denied boarding the Freebee vehicle.
- Freebee service will be limited to single trips and not multiple trips (No pooled rides).
- Riders will not be allowed to sit next to the driver and the number of riders will be limited to a maximum of four (4) riders per one (1) group.
- The Freebee vehicles will be wiped down with disinfectant after each rider drop-off.
- Riders will not be allowed to have open containers of food or drinks within the Freebee vehicle.
- Riders will not be allowed to board the Freebee if they are sick or have flu like symptoms.
- The Freebee vehicles will be disinfected to begin the day and end the day
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am to 10pm
Thursdays 11am to 11pm
Fridays from 11am to midnight,
Saturdays from 12pm to midnight
Sundays from 11am to 8pm
Download the Ride Freebee app from the App Store or from Google play. If you don't have a smart phone, you may call 855-918-3733 to request a ride.
Freebee picks up customers right at their home, hotel or business within Islamorada. Request a ride and jump on board the electric vehicle to visit your favorite Islamorada destination. It’s not only a fun alternative transportation option – it reduces traffic congestion, addresses drinking and driving and reduces the Village’s carbon footprint.
Local business interested in advertising on a Freebee vehicle or on the Freebee app can contact Freebee Community Manager Matt Friedmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more at https://ridefreebee.com.
Want to tell us what you think about the program? Send an email to email@example.com.