The Office of the Village Clerk is responsible for:
- The Village Clerk Serves as Records Custodian for all public records requests. Public Records Requests may be mailed, faxed or emailed. In some instances, the requestor may prefer to speak with the Clerk about the request. For convenience, the Public Records Request Form may be used when submitting a request.
- The Village Clerk serves as the Records Management Liaison Officer (RMLO) to the Florida Department of State Division of Library and Information Services -Records Management Program. RMLO responsibilities include: proper disposition of eligible records, records maintenance and archiving, inventories of agency records and annual compliance reporting.
- Lien searches are processed through the Office of the Village Clerk. For convenience, the Lien Search Request Form may be used when requesting a property lien search.
- Managing the timely codification of Village ordinances
- Transcription of Village Council meeting minutes
- The Village Clerks serves as the Village's Election Coordinator working closely with the Monroe County Supervisor of Elections.
- Administering the Oath of Office
- Preparation of Village Council agendas
- Creating and publishing public notices
- Processes ordinances, resolutions, and contracts
- Attests official Village documents and provides notary services
- Manages Village committee membership
- Provides administrative support to the Village Council
- Official custodian of the Village Seal
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Address: 86800 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036
Under Florida Law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.Village Clerk
Kelly S. Toth, CMC
Deputy Village Clerk