Islamorada, Village of Islands
Interested individuals can call the Human Resources Manager for more information at 305-664-6448 or stop by Village Hall, 86800 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036 to pick up an application during business hours.
Download applications here: Islamorada Employment Application.
Resumes can be faxed to (305) 664-6468 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must submit an application in order to be considered for employment with Islamorada, Village of Islands. Incomplete candidate packets can delay candidate screening and prolong the hiring process.
Full time benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance is offered by the Village, along with an initial 12 vacation days and 12 sick days annually. The Village participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and contributes 8.47% of the employee’s annual salary.
Islamorada, Village of Islands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants selected for life safety positions will undergo a pre-employment drug screen.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Human Resources Manager at 305-664-6448.
Islamorada, Village of Islands and the State of Florida do not tolerate violence in the workplace.
Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes.
We hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.
Part Time Lifeguard
Department: Parks & Recreation Department
Reports To: Park and Programs Manager
Position Status:Non-Exempt (Pay Grade: 3)
This is a specialized work in the enforcement of regulations and the protection of life at a Village-owned swimming pool. Work involves responsibility for maintaining orderly behavior on the part of swimmers and public at IFP pool, protecting swimmers form injury or loss of life by drowning, and for rescuing those who might be in distress. Work is performed on an assigned shift, which may vary. Duties include assisting in maintaining the pool and related routine activities connected with pool operations. Work is performed in accordance with established procedures.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Patrols and observes swimming pool area.
- Prevents tag games, fighting and other infractions of rules around the pool.
- Rescues tired bathers or bathers having difficulties.
- Applies artificial respiration if necessary.
- Administers first aid to cuts and other injuries suffered by bathers.
- Assists in sweeping, mopping, and picking up wastepaper and trash in pool area and buildings.
- Uses various maintenance tools to maintain the area surrounding the pool.
- Sees that pool rescue equipment, benches and other movable equipment are kept where they belong.
- Checks temperature of water and amounts of chemicals in water.
- Conducts swimming lessons, aquatic programs and swim meets.
- Vacuums pools.
- Keeps simple records.
- Assist in special events and meet set up/breakdown
- Perform related functions as required and all other duties as assigned
Requirements for Position
Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR & AED for Professional Rescuer Certificates Required. Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of life saving and first aid methods and techniques as applied to accidents in the water and surrounding areas.
Must have knowledge of swimming pool equipment and its uses.