Islamorada, Village of Islands
Interested individuals can call the Human Resources Manager for more information at 305-664-6448 or stop by Village Hall, 86800 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036 to pick up an application during business hours.
Download applications here: Islamorada Employment Application.
Resumes can be faxed to (305) 664-6468 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must submit an application in order to be considered for employment with Islamorada, Village of Islands. Incomplete candidate packets can delay candidate screening and prolong the hiring process.
Full time benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance is offered by the Village, along with an initial 12 vacation days and 12 sick days annually. The Village participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and contributes 8.26% of the employee’s annual salary.
Islamorada, Village of Islands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants selected for life safety positions will undergo a pre-employment drug screen.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Human Resources Manager at 305-664-6448.
Islamorada, Village of Islands and the State of Florida do not tolerate violence in the workplace.
Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes.
We hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.
Administrative Assistant - Public Works
Assists the Director of Public Works with a wide spectrum of clerical functions with a high degree of accuracy and neatness. Work requires application of independent judgement and problem solving, as well as skills and abilities related to clerical and receptionist functions.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Respond to customer concerns, answer questions, and resolve issues
- Provide information and assistance to the public, Village staff, and other governmental agencies in person, on the telephone, or through written communication
- Monitor the Department operating expenses in accordance with approved budget, includes preparing and coding purchase orders and pay requisitions
- Coordinate resolution of wastewater billing issues with the FKAA
- Prepares requisitions, vouchers, budget forms and other data.
- Receive and review incoming correspondence for appropriate response
- Maintain calendar of Department activities, committee meetings and related functions
- Research assistance as required
- Makes appointments for the supervisor and reminds him/her of appointment or other matters that should be called to his/her attention; may manage calendar of supervisor.
- Track and report all wastewater connections within the Village system
- Point of contact with Village Engineer for FDEP permitting, and assist in reviewing permit plans
- Track all FDEP permitted properties within the Village system
- Maintain all records and coordinate the Village Grease/Lint Trap monitoring program
- Screens visitors, telephone calls and incoming mail, personally answering those inquiries that in the employee's judgment do not require the supervisor's attention
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements for Position:
Associates degree preferred in construction management, engineering, business management or a closely related field. High School Diploma or equivalent along with least three (3) years of related work experience may be substituted for minimum education qualifications. Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required. Bilingual Preferred.
TO APPLY - ALL DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover letter, Resume and Islamorada Employment Application.
Applications can be downloaded from above/
General Functions: Performs a variety of technical and professional work in the current or long range planning programs and/or environmental resource planning programs. Position may require use of Village vehicle in performance of duties.
Illustrative Tasks: (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Reviews development and permit applications including but not limited to A-Frame sign registration, home occupation permits, temporary use permits, temporary storage permits, and bi-annual wireless communication facilities reports for compliance with the Village’s Land Development Regulations and Comprehensive Plan.
• Reviews and processes building permits in accordance with the Village Code of Ordinance and environmental regulations.
• Prepares zoning and use determination letters, letters of current site conditions and pre-application conference summary letters.
• Administers the Building Permit Allocation System (BPAS) including acceptance and review of applications, quarterly rankings and preparation of resolutions related to BPAS
• Interprets, explains and enforces provisions of Village Codes, Comprehensive Plan, Florida Statutes, applicable laws and regulations, and other policies and standards to potential applicants and the public.
• Answers telephone and counter inquiries regarding Village ordinances and requirements. • Researches and analyzes ordinances pertaining to planning, zoning, or environmental resource issues.
• May be assigned to coordinate the planning activities for specific program(s).
• Uses computers and software programs for various project tracking and various technical planning projects and studies. Prepares maps.
• Assists the Director in the compilation of data, through computer searches and field work.
• Prepares a variety of written communications, including analytical reports and studies based on research findings.
• Makes oral and graphic presentations or prepares materials for presentation to Village Council, Local Planning Agency, Development Review Committee and community groups.
• All other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Position: Bachelor's Degree in Urban/Regional/City Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Geography or closely related field. Equivalency: Unrelated Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of professional zoning experience.
Summer Recreation Camp Counselors: Founders Park Summer Recreation Camp will run from June 3 through July 26, 2019. Counselors will be responsible for creating & implementing activities for various age groups, as well as supervising children. Activities Include: Games, Arts & Crafts, Sports, Movies, Board Games, Swimming at the Pool & Beach, etc!
Lifeguards: Lifeguarding is a dynamic, challenging, & rewarding job! Lifeguards are responsible for patron safety in & out of the pool and provides high quality customer service to the public at the Ron Levy Aquatic Center. Position also involves light maintenance duties and maintaining the pool chemistry.
Park Attendants & Park Security: Park Attendants are customer service experts that provide information to the Public pertaining to Park Programs & Events, assist with program registrations, collect fees for admittance to Founders Park & The Ron Levy Aquatic Center, and enforce park rules. Position involves use of standard office equipment and cash register. Security detail involves patrolling park on foot or cart.
Must be 15 years of age or older. Salary depends on qualifications