Islamorada, Village of Islands
Interested individuals can call the Human Resources Manager for more information at 305-664-6448 or stop by Village Hall, 86800 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036 to pick up an application during business hours.
Download applications here: Islamorada Employment Application.
Resumes can be faxed to (305) 664-6468 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must submit an application in order to be considered for employment with Islamorada, Village of Islands. Incomplete candidate packets can delay candidate screening and prolong the hiring process.
Full time benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance is offered by the Village, along with an initial 12 vacation days and 12 sick days annually. The Village participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and contributes 8.26% of the employee’s annual salary.
Islamorada, Village of Islands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants selected for life safety positions will undergo a pre-employment drug screen.
If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Human Resources Manager at 305-664-6448.
Islamorada, Village of Islands and the State of Florida do not tolerate violence in the workplace.
Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes.
We hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers.
Building Services/CRS Coordinator
Performs technical and administrative work, customer service and public contact duties to support the operation of the Building Department. Supervises and coordinates activities related to the Village Flood Management Program and Community Rating System. Position may require use of Village vehicle in performance of duties.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Receives customers and provides information on the permit review process and floodplain.
- Oversees and coordinates field and office activities related to the implementation and administration of the floodplain management plan as it relates to the FEMA/ISO Community Rating System.
- Provides training to Permit Clerks on permitting processes and procedures. Provides information to building department staff on submittal requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Building Department goals, objectives, priorities, policies and procedures under the Building Official’s direction. Effectively implements established goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Coordinates the preparation of application documents for the Village's participation in the FEMA/ISO Community Rating System.
- Continually monitors processes and procedures, and adjust as necessary.
- Resolves escalated customer complaints and responds to questions regarding permits, and the permitting process.
- Serves as liaison between the Village and the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the implementation and administration of the Floodplain Management Plan as it relates to the FEMA/ISO Community Rating System.
- Researches and prepares Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Completion for Building Official signature.
- Resolves difficult and complex issues regarding permitting.
- Coordinates file review through various Village departments.
- Prepares and maintains updated information and forms/informational brochures.
- Prepares, processes, distributes and maintains reports for other governmental agencies.
- Processes permit extensions.
- Analyzes and resolves administrative problems.
- Develops and installs systems, forms and procedures.
- Relieves the Department Head of administrative details.
- Assists in budget preparation and monitoring budget control.
- Responsible for ordering all supplies for the Building Department.
- Prepares all check requests, travel authorizations, credit card requests, etc.
- Orders and prepares departmental uniforms.
- Process departmental invoices and purchase orders.
- Fulfills public record requests.
- Review sewer connection permits.
- Acts as the department’s records custodian.
- Performs other related work as required.
Requirements for Position:
Associate’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience. Secretarial and/or administrative support experience. Working proficiency in MS Office Suite products. Strong computer skills and Notary Public certification or the ability to become certified. Experience within information management systems, (preferably within the building industry); or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Must obtain FEMA’s Floodplain Management Coordinator’s Certificate within one year
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, speaking and writing skills. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas orally and in writing. Must possess strong organizational skills.
Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (10 to 30 pounds). Tasks involve sitting for extended periods of time, but may involve walking and/or standing for extended periods of time. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds, and visual cues or signals. Tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Applications may be downloaded above at www.islamorada.fl.us. Please mail a resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager, Islamorada, Village of Islands, 86800 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036. Resumes can also be faxed to 305-664-6468 or emailed to HR@islamorada.fl.us
INCOMPLETE PACKETS WILL DELAY PROCESSING
Part Time Facility Attendant/ Park Attendant
This is a general position in Founders Park. Responsibilities include collection of park fees, general non-maintenance care of park facilities, supervision of patrons using park facilities and enforcement of rules and regulations. Provides customer service to Park patrons and visitors.
Must be at least sixteen years of age. Must be able to comprehend written/verbal instruction. Must be able to communicate with the general public. Monitor park facilities and enforce rules and regulations. Cleans buildings and restroom facilities. General preparation of athletic fields for games, activities, and special events.
May assist in the collection of garbage, litter, and or trash from park grounds. Position requires evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Collection of fees at various park and recreation facilities including IFP entrance gate. Assist departmental staff with special events, activities, and/or programs. Greets patrons, provides information, answers telephones, and performs simple clerical duties. Assist the public in completion of registration forms, memberships, and permits. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Seasonal/Part Time Lifeguards
Lifeguarding is a dynamic, challenging & rewarding job! Lifeguards are responsible for patron safety in & out of the pool and provide high quality customer service to the public at the Ron Levy Aquatic Center. Position also involves light maintenance duties and maintaining the pool chemistry.